You can apply the plugin for content areas on your site pages and it will highlight all the terms from the dictionary (by default: sample.csv). When hovering a term, visitors of your site will get definition of the term on a tooltip. Content of the appeared tooltip is being processed as well. So if any terms are encountered , they get definition-tooltips attached. If you switch to DB data-source, you will have visits and click statistics collected.
You can use this plugin to create intelligent advertisement, tooltip to show portal news description, interactive reference book and so on and so forth.
Features of Thesaurus 4.0
- Support of Unicode for terms and descriptions (проверка).
- Retrieving data though Cross-Domain Request. That allows you to have the same controller for instaces of Thesaurus on different domains.
- Nesting of tooltips. When the term occures within the tooltip text it will cause another tooltip when hovering by mouse.
- Manual effects, based on CSS3 transition can be easily applied.
- Optional: Toolbar view and click (within toolbar overlay) statistics are collected and pushed to the server with specified time intervals in a queue.
Usage and API
Unpack the package into a folder on your server. Include the plugin script after jQuery (requires jQuery 1.4+):
Now let's apply the plugin on a set of elements when document is ready. Here any article elements on the page will be parsed for thesaurus terms:
- defines if the plugin does case sensitive search for the terms
- transition effect for tooltip: fade or any manual
- states if the plugins collects tooltip click and view statistics into queue and uploads the queue to the server every 5 sec (if it is not empty).
In ./app/Config/config.php you will find a CSV file is set up as data source. If you want to use DB, just uncomments another configuration section.
Manual transition effects making
You can make your own effect for Thesaurus using CSS3. Just describe the initial state of tooltip overlay and final state. Name those CSS classes by the pattern thesaurus-EFFECTNAME-start and thesaurus-EFFECTNAME-end:
Now you can just specify the effect (EFFECTNAME) in the plugin options.
- Source code is available to download at Google Code
- Project page and SVN Google Code
- Live demo demo.dsheiko.com
- My other owork can be found here
- Digital Asset Management, including built-in file browser with broad features of file classification, ability of file compositions creation
- Document and file access permission management
- CSV format supporting within data import
- Data import and export by means of SOAP
- Data syndication formats supporting
- Meta-data analysis for incoming data
- Integrated web-services
- Ability of platform management interface creation onto external environments (API Site Sapiens 3.0 SOAP Server)
- Ability of data synchronization between the Site Sapiens-based project repository and external heterogeneous networks.
- Ability of data collection from external systems.
- Management of information space structure by means of unified dynamic tree with branches, that can be downloaded by request on-the-fly.
- Record repository management by means of grids
- XML Sapiens 2.0 XML-based markup system, which allows flexible logical constructions.
- Context-depended help
- Unlimited nesting of record repository
- Generation of content management interfaces on the basis of specified XML scheme.
- Ability of content object classification (records, documents) within specified aspects in accordance with principles: one to many, many to many
- Author documents/records version management
- Setting of interface appearance (tree, grid, browsers), data selecting/filtering conditions. Restoring of user settings when he is turning to certain interface.
- Actions tracking
- Multilingual GUI
- UTF-8 system char set as standard
- Ability of any system events tracking, monitors creation, assignation of reporting direction (server, email-addresses)
- Encrypted sessions
- Object (document, records, files) access permission management
Staging Server for QA
- Unit-test of all general system API
- Separate Delivery
- Synchronization of mirror sites
- Multi-Publishing to different clients
- Cell phones
- RDF Syndicated News Feeds